Published on August 23rd, 2012 | by Rachel Budke3
Grilled Strawberry & Nutella Pizza
I made this for a pizza night I had with my sisters, because I wanted to try a unique dessert pizza. It’s a very simple pizza to make. In fact, you could easily get by with estimating all of the ingredients if you wanted to do so. Originally this pizza was made with raspberries, but since my sister Allison isn’t a fan, I made it with strawberries instead. Feel free to comment below with any ingredient subs that you enjoy!
Makes 4 Servings
Recipe adapted from: Kalamazoo Outdoor Gourmet
- 1/2 batch of pizza dough
- 1/2 cup Nutella®
- 1/8 cup chopped 85% dark chocolate
- Fresh strawberries
- Powdered sugar
- Vegetable oil, to prevent sticking to the grill
- Preheat the grill to 500°F.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Flatten out the pizza dough until it is about 12″ across. Brush vegetable oil on both sides.
- Place on the grill and flip after about 2-3 minutes. Since the dough is directly on the flame, keep an eye on it. It will burn very quickly. Grill on the other side for another 2-3 minutes.
- Mix together the Nutella® and chopped chocolate. Spread the mixture over the pizza.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Top with sliced strawberries and powdered sugar.
If you would like to make the entire pizza in the oven, and not use the grill, that’s fine. Just start with the oven at 500°F and reduce the temperature to 400°F accordingly.