Published on September 22nd, 2012 | by Rachel Budke0
Happy first day of Fall! I’m so excited! As far as the recipe process goes, this oatmeal is pretty similar to the other plain oatmeal. You can top it with whatever you’d like. I decided to use some whipped cream, pumpkin pie spice, and pecans.
Also, as a side note, the “wood floor” in the picture is a rug from FoFlor. You’ll probably be seeing a lot more of it soon! They have some really neat things, so be sure to check out their website.
Makes 4 Servings
Adapted from: Food Doodles
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Whipped cream, optional
- Pecans, optional
- Place all ingredients into a crockpot, and stir together.
- Cover, set on low, and cook for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with whipped cream, pecans, and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
- Extras will keep well in the refrigerator!