Published on September 27th, 2012 | by Rachel Budke0
Microwave Potato Chips
I’ve seen a few different posts for microwave potato chips online lately, so I decided that I would try it out and see how it worked. This is super cool! Overall I was really impressed with how they turned out. Take extra care to cut them as thin as you can (1/8″-1/16″), so they turn out crispy.
Adapted from: theKitchn
- 1 or more Potato, scrubbed clean
- Cold water
- Sea Salt
- Thinly slice the potato(es), and immediately place the slices in a bowl of cold water. Let them soak a few minutes, and then rinse them with cold water until the water is no longer cloudy.
- Dry off the potato slices and place them in a single layer on a paper towel. If you have extra slices, don’t over-crowd the paper towel, but work in batches.
- Sprinkle the potato slices with salt, and microwave on full power for about 3 minutes.
- Keep a close eye on the potatoes, as some will brown faster than others. Once the slices turn golden brown, take them out of the microwave.
- Transfer the finished potato chips to a bowl, and repeat the microwaving process with the extra potato slices. The chips will stay crispy for a couple of days if kept in an airtight container.