Published on October 4th, 2012 | by Rachel Budke2
Chocolate Banana Mug Cake
Microwave mug cakes are the best! The only bad thing is a lot of recipes that I have tried come out with an unusual texture to them. However, there are a couple recipes that turned out great – and this is definitely one of them! This recipe has more of a molten chocolate cake texture, as opposed to the more dense texture of other recipes. If you still need more convincing, my sister called it the best mug cake ever.
This recipe originally calls for an egg, but I tested out using a banana instead. Since I try to go to the store as little as possible, it’s much easier for me to find a banana than an egg. However, if you have one, feel free to try it out in place of the banana and let me know how it is!
Makes 1 large or 2 medium mug cakes
Recipe adapted from: Symon’s Suppers, Cooking Channel
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup and 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a mug, melt together the butter and chocolate in the microwave, for about 60 seconds.
- Stir in the brown sugar, flour, banana and salt.
- Microwave your cake(s) for 2-3 minutes.
- Let cool for about 1 minute.