Published on December 30th, 2012 | by Rachel Budke0
Spicy Baked French Fries
I like spicy food. These fries are fairly spicy. If you don’t like your food to have a kick to it, just leave out the cayenne pepper. As a side note, if you have never tried Sir Kensington’s Ketchup, make sure you get some. It’s really, really good.
Recipe adapted from: Tastefully Julie
Makes 4 Servings
- 3 medium russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Slice the potatoes into fry shaped pieces.
- Place the potatoes into a Ziploc® bag, and add in the oil and spices. Close the bag and shake it until the potatoes are evenly covered with the seasoning.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the potatoes out in a single layer. If you can’t get the potatoes to fit in a single layer, use a second baking sheet. If the potatoes are too close together, the fries will not get crispy.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Flip the fries over and turn up the oven temperature to 450ºF.
- Bake for 10 more minutes, keeping a close eye to be sure the fries do not burn.