Published on January 9th, 2013 | by Rachel Budke0
Holy guacamole! This is the best recipe ever! Before this recipe, I didn’t even like guacamole. We make ours in a molcajete, which is a traditional Mexican mortar and pestle made from volcanic rock. However, you can certainly make it using a regular bowl.
Makes 4 Servings
Recipe adapted from Rachael Ray
- 2 ripe Hass avacados
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 jalepeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cut the avocados in half around the pit and separate the halves.
- Pop out the put and scoop the flesh of the avocado into a bowl (or molcajete)
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the avocados.
- Add the garlic, jalepeño, tomato, and salt to the bowl.
- Mash and mix the ingredients using a fork.
- Serve with tortilla chips.