Published on February 1st, 2013 | by Rachel Budke0
I usually don’t eat breakfast, but this semester a couple days a week I have class from 9:30-1:30, so I definitely need something to hold me over until I eat lunch. I enjoy making oatmeal for the mornings, but I wanted to try something a little bit different. This granola turned out really tasty and it was fun to think about what I wanted to put in it! You could certainly add whatever nuts and dried fruit you like most. It’s not overly crunchy, which is how I tend to like my granola. I recently bought some PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter, which is perfect to sprinkle over the top! I definitely recommend checking that product out, it’s pretty neat.
Makes 6 Servings
- 3 cups oats
- 2 cups wheat germ
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large microwave safe bowl, stir together all of the ingredients until everything is coated with the agave nectar.
- Microwave for 4 minutes, stir, and then microwave another 4 minutes.
- With parchment or waxed paper, spread out the granola in a thin layer until cooled.
- Store in an airtight container.