Published on April 20th, 2013 | by Rachel Budke0
Four Cheese Fondue
I made this for a fondue night with my sister. We served it with apples, salami, and Sicilian bread. I would definitely recommend splurging a little bit and making sure that you buy good quality cheese – it will be well worth it. If you have a fondue pot, you can obviously use that, but a crock pot or medium saucepan over low heat will work just fine!
Makes 3-4 Servings
Recipe adapted from: The Curvy Carrot
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) Fontina cheese, grated
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) Gruyere cheese, grated
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 ounce blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- In your crockpot (or fondue pot/saucepan), heat the chicken stock and shallots until hot.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the Fontina, Gruyere, and Cheddar cheeses with the flour.
- Add in 1/3 of the cheese mixture (don’t include the blue cheese), stirring until melted. Add the remaining cheese in thirds, allowing it to melt after each addition.
- Add in the blue cheese, stirring until melted.
- Season with a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Serve with bread, fruit, veggies, meats or anything else you would enjoy!