Published on May 19th, 2013 | by Rachel Budke1
Easy Strawberry Shortcake
The school year is officially over! I’m so excited to me able to have more free time to cook and share recipes. Here’s a super easy method for strawberry shortcake – my grandma actually taught my dad this when he was growing up. Now that there’s about 500 different kinds of canned biscuits on the market, feel free to try out whichever you like. We usually use just plain biscuits, but recently we (accidentally) used honey butter flavored biscuits and that turned out good!
- 1 can of pre-made biscuits
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter
- vanilla ice-cream
- Pre-heat oven according to the directions on your biscuit packaging.
- In a medium sized bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Place the sugar in a separate medium bowl.
- Dip each biscuit into the melted butter, and then roll in it sugar until completely coated.
- Bake according to the package directions.
- Serve with ice-cream and sliced strawberries.