Published on June 7th, 2013 | by Rachel Budke2
Ginger Beer Popsicles
Until I was with Ali at Quay Coffee, I had never tried ginger beer (which is non-alcoholic, in case you were wondering) and it’s really good. If you’ve never tried it, it’s basically an extra spicy ginger ale, and I definitely recommend it. I wanted to try and make my own, and was trying to think of some sort of spin that I could put on it. Popsicles came into my head, and I love how they turned out.
If you don’t already have a popsicle mold, you can certainly consider buying one. However, I will say that I have lots of trouble getting the popsicles out of the molds if the sticks aren’t lined up perfectly. Sometimes, it’s something as simple as paper cups with popsicle sticks that will do the job perfectly. Regardless of the shape you freeze it in, be sure to try out these ginger beer popsicles.
- 2 oz. ginger
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup sparkling water
- Place all ingredients, except the sparkling water, into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Strain the liquid to remove all of the bits of ginger. Be sure to strain the mixture two or three times, otherwise the ginger will sink to the bottom while freezing and be overly spicy.
- Stir in the sparkling water.
- Pour into popsicle molds, place a popsicle stick in the center, and freeze.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. I was not paid to endorse any of these products. All opinions are always my own!