Published on January 2nd, 2013 | by Rachel Budke0
General Tso’s Vegetables
The original recipe for this is made with chicken, but I used vegetables instead. You could definitely use what you have on-hand, and be as creative as you would like. This recipe makes about 2 lunch-sized portions, but can easily be doubled or tripled.
Recipe adapted from: Rock Recipes
Makes 2 Servings
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 small sweet peppers, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hot chili paste
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ground ginger
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- chopped peanuts, optional
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add the vegetables and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes. The vegetables should be slightly cooked and still crunchy.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, water, sesame oil, chili paste, corn starch and ginger.
- Pour sauce over the vegetables and cook until the sauce has thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve over rice, and top with chopped peanuts if desired.