Published on May 27th, 2013 | by Rachel Budke10
Rich Chocolate Sorbet
It took me a while to try out making chocolate sorbet. I was hesitant because I sort of envisioned it to be like a chocolate slushy (sounds awful!) – but in reality, it ended up being super rich and creamy. Plus, it is so much easier and faster to make than chocolate ice-cream. If you love chocolate, please do yourself a favor and try this recipe out!
Makes 1 quart
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips (approx. 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coffee
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together 1 1/2 cups water, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Continue whisking until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the chocolate chips. Stir until all of the chocolate is melted.
- Add the remaining 1 cup of water, coffee, and vanilla extract.
- Chill the mixture in the refrigerator.
- Freeze the mixture in your ice cream maker, according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Serve immediately or transfer sorbet the freezer to harden further.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. I was not paid to endorse any of these products. All opinions are always my own!