Published on September 24th, 2012 | by Rachel Budke4
Pumpkin Spice Latte
Fall has only just begun and I’ve already had more than my fair share of pumpkin spice lattes! They are just so good that I can’t help it. This recipe turned out great, and is really easy to do! Feel free to add more/less milk according to how strong you like your coffee. I’d say that this ratio makes it pretty comparable to the taste at the coffee shop.
Makes 1 Serving
Adapted from: theKitchn
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup espresso, or strongly brewed coffee
- Whipped cream, optional
- Stir together milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Heat the milk either with a milk frother, or heat it in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds.
- Pour the milk into a large mug, and add the espresso.
- Top with whipped cream and an extra sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice, if desired.
Tip: To make a design on top, I added whipped cream and spread it flat with a knife. To create the pumpkin shape, I cut a pumpkin design out of a clean notecard and set it down on top of the whipped cream. Carefully sprinkle over the design with pumpkin pie spice, making sure that everything well covered. Then, lift up the paper, making sure the excess does not fall onto your design. It takes some patience, but I think it is definitely worth trying out! A friend of mine also had a great idea — using cupcake stencils to make your design!