Published on December 21st, 2012 | by Rachel Budke1
Holiday Snack Mix
This snack mix turned out super cute! I adapted the recipe a little bit, it originally called for mini marshmallows for the top of the santa hat, but they seemed a little bit too big for my liking. It is a little bit time consuming to make the santa hats, but they are so adorable!
Recipe Adapted from: Cookin’ Cowgirl
- 6 oz bag carmel flavored Bugles®
- 12 oz Red Chocolate Candy Coating
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- White Sparkling Sugar sprinkles
- 2 cups Rice Chex®
- 3 cups mini pretzels
- 1 cup dry roasted & salted peanuts
- 1 cup red and green M&M’s®
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 12 oz Almond Bark
- Place the candy coating and shortening in a medium-sized glass bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals until melted.
- Immediately start dipping the Bugles into the candy coating, and place them on waxed paper. Let dry for approximately 10 minutes.
- Melt 4 ounces of almond bark in a small glass bowl in the microwave.
- Dip the bottom and tip of the santa hats into the almond bark, and then dip them into the sparkling sugar. Set them back onto waxed paper to dry.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix together the Chex®, pretzels, peanuts, M&M’s®, and dried cranberries. Melt the remaining almond bark (8 ounces) and drizzle over the snack mix. Toss the mixture around to coat it evenly and spread it out in a thin layer to dry.
- Mix the santa hats in with the rest of the mix. Enjoy!