Published on July 23rd, 2013 | by Rachel Budke2
Olive and Lemon Pasta
I made this olive and lemon pasta recipe with olive tapenade. It was a nice change from spaghetti with marinara sauce. I used a type of pasta called bucatini (also known as perciatelli), which has become one of my favorite pastas. Bucatini is basically a spaghetti noodle with a hole through the middle. If you haven’t ever eaten this type of pasta yet, I strongly suggest trying it out!
- 16 ounces uncooked bucatini pasta
- 1 cup olive tapenade
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4-6 basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, approximately 7 minutes.
- In a large and high-sided skillet over medium heat, cook the garlic in olive oil until it has just slightly browned.
- Add the cooked pasta into the skillet, and toss with the tapenade and lemon. Cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper accordingly - depending on the olives used in the tapenade, the additional amount of salt will vary.
- Serve topped with chopped basil.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. I was not paid to endorse any of these products. All opinions are always my own!