Published on August 25th, 2012 | by Rachel Budke3
Slow Cooked Oatmeal
I’m so so so excited about this post! Mainly because it is the first thing I made in my dorm room, but also because it is really tasty! It was super easy to make, it cooked while I was sleeping, AND kept in the refrigerator all week so I got 4 meals out of it. What a deal! I highly recommend that everyone tries this recipe out. I like my oatmeal a bit on the sweet side, so this amount of sugar was perfect for my tastes. You could always omit the sugar all together if you would like.
Makes 4 Servings
Adapted from: theKitchn
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Special equipment: crockpot
- Melt butter in the crockpot.
- Toast the oats in the butter for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the water, brown sugar, and salt.
- Stir, cover, and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- Wake up and enjoy breakfast!